Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Confessions of a Tree Hugger

I have to admit something. I think I might be a tree hugger... Don has been called this on several occasions, usually in the context of "What are you? Some kinda tree hugger." As much as it pained me to see our wacko neighbors cut down every tree in their back yard that didn't require professional tree removal, today I feel like I've lost a member of my family. The moron that we sold our quaint little cottage to has cut down the most beautiful 80 year old magnolia I've ever seen:


There over to the left you can see what wonderful shade it offered to the entire house. I'm not sure what the reason was, but I'd guess that since he hasn't touched the yard in the 2 years since he's been there (other than to tear everything out), he's a) too lazy to clean up the leaves b) he's been told that he can't grow anything in the yard with it there, or c) he's crazy. I'm sure about c, and a is a poor excuse to cut down any tree. And before you haters go on about how bad it is to clean up after a magnolia tree.... I did it for 2 years and it wasn't so bad. I'll take a magnolia over an oak or pine any day! So.. goodbye old magnolia - I sure did enjoy you while I could. And if there is any fairness in the world, his power bill goes through the roof.

No comments: