Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Early Valentine

This is the one thing that is sure to improve a bad day once you get home:


This afternoon Kate and I went Valentine shopping at Target while Don worked late. We bought Valentines for her class and for Daddy.

Silly me. I forgot that NO secret is safe with Kate. When we got home, the conversation went something like this:

Don: Did you get Daddy a Valentine?
Kate: Yes!!
Don: What did you get?
Kate: Chocket and a Puzzle!

So much for the surprise. Daddy got his Valentine early. I think the puzzle might have been more for Kate than for him. The puzzle is of Mickey and Minnie, so I asked: Who is Minnie's Valentine?
Kate: Mickey!
Me: Who is Mommy's Valentine?
Kate: Daddy!
Me: Who is Kate's Valentine?
Kate: Foster!
Me: Did you ask Foster if he would be your Valentine?
Kate (runs off after Foster): Foster, will you be my Valentine?
Foster: No response
Kate: He not say yes.

We then assured her that it was only because he couldn't talk. She seemed satisfied.

Happy Early Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I love kids---they are so innocent! I remember when you, Jenny, told your dad early that we bought him a gift with an alligator on it. (During those days Izod shirts with this emblem were popular.) Love that "sweet heart"!!!!!!

WanderingGirl said...

LOVE IT!

Luke's newest thing is telling Pooh King "come on old buddy, old pal" every time we go somewhere (since we always take him along now). He told me Pooh King was his very best friend now. Sigh. So glad Kate has Foster, too! Every kid should have a best 4-legger!

Oh, and my Dad asked me what I got him for Christmas when I was Kate's age. I said, "No matter what you do, I'm NOT telling you I got you gloves!" Then I cried because I told him. Glad Kate and Don just got to enjoy his present early!

Lisa Moore said...

That made me laugh out loud!! Kate is such a sweet Valentine!!