Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lacking Motivation

Lately I have only been motivated to do this:



And sit here:

And I was afforded that luxury for a late birthday/early Mother's Day this past weekend.  It was a fabulous getaway - just me and Don. We sat on the beach, ate great seafood, watched the sunset from the rooftop bar, paid too much for suntan lotion, survived the Russian mafia, and just had a great time in general. It was a nice break before the chaos really begins at our house.  And you haven't heard a peep from us because I've been too pooped to post lacking motivation to do anything.  But just so you know, we're still here and waiting for Brother to make his appearance, and I'm fighting this lack of motivation to bring you a few pictures of life over the last few weeks.

There was the shower that I didn't blog about b/c I had to download pictures from Mom prior to posting (any post requiring more than 2 steps is doomed). We now own lots of fabulous blue things.

We ate our breakfast outside and Kate tried to share her yogurt raisins with Kitten.


We did some shopping at Target.

And made sidewalk chalk art.


Got lots of hugs.


And even slipped up and got caught looking at the camera.


And I still have this baby on board.  Who Kate has declared that we name Brother.

 
And there you have it, in a nutshell.  Hospital bags are packed (because I learned my lesson last time) and the nursery has lots of blue.  Still no name, but we've almost, kind of, sort of narrowed it to two.

4 comments:

Don Meredith said...

Correction - the Russian mafia survived me.

Dianne said...

What a busy exciting time! Looks like Brother is growing. Love that cute big sister!!

The Ertmanns said...

Oh, I so remember those days. I'm so excited for you to have the newest addition join your family. You look great!

Lisa Moore said...

Jenny, you look fabulous! AND you still have ankles :) Nice job! Can't wait to meet Brother.