Saturday morning we met Laurie, Jordan, and Ellie at the corn maze here in Lexington. Like all "corn mazes" that I've ever known, it had a LOT more than a huge corn field. It really was a perfect day for the corn maze.
The kiddos had a blast playing.
Mason really enjoyed driving the combine. Every time he heard a tractor, he would say "see! see" and I would lift him above the corn to watch the tractors go by. I'm continually amazed that he seems to be programmed to like the noise of engines.
Cuties.
And then there was the corn maze. I have to tell you that there were a few concerning things about this maze:
1. It was very large and there appeared to be no (legal) shortcuts.
2. These three were leading the way.
We did finally make it through. In spite of someone leaving the map at one of the decoder points.
On Sunday we went to the fair! First order of business? Food!
Mason liked the corn dogs. Surprised?
Kate was a fan of the Fiske fries. Yummo!
We stayed with the traditional fair foods. But there were a lot of things to choose from. I think my arteries hardened just from looking at this:
Mason tried cotton candy.... and liked it!
Next were the rides!
Bumblebees.
Carousel.
Dizzy Dragons - it was Don's turn this year.
Mason rode the carousel for the very first time. Loved it. Squealed with delight.
This little train was perfect for the kiddos. The first time we waited in line for this ride, we were first in line, and just as the operator stopped the ride, Kate turns to me, crosses her legs and says: "I gotta go potty!" Now, the day before at the corn maze she tells me this and we make it to the potty, only for her to then pee all over the floor of the porta potty. We made it this time. Mason was NOT happy. All that waiting and then no train. Obviously we made it finally.
The only ride Kate rode by herself? These cars. As soon as she walked through the gate, the little girl she was riding with said: "ride with me! ride with me!" Not one to let a friend get away, Kate jumped in. Sweet.
Next up? Games, of course. I only play one game at the fair - the one where you put your 50 cents on a color and throw a little ball in a box. If it lands on your color - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Kate won on Yellow! She chose a giant Dora doll. Shocking, eh? Honestly, the choices were terrible. Dora is one of those cheap, styrofoam stuffed dolls. Ick.
She could not have been happier. Litterally.
Because Don is a good Daddy and didn't want Mason to be left out, M played a fishing game.
And won a teddy bear.
Fun, happy family.

And with that, I am exhausted. I've almost fallen asleep 3 times while writing this post.


























2 comments:
Love the post! Tired me out just reading it---what a full weekend. Look forward to meeting Dora--I am sure she will make it to my house.
LOVE all these pictures! Looks like y'all had a blast! :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment