Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Weekend

This weekend the kids and I took a trip to Lexington. It looks like we are finally going to sell our house there, which is, of course, bittersweet.  I won't bore you with all of the crazy details of the sale, because really, I could go on and on about how nutty the process and the buyers have been.  If all goes as planned, we close Friday. It really is a fantastic house and I might be in mourning just a bit over it not actually being ours. But, now we get to start looking for a new place to make our home in Greenville, and that's pretty exciting. This next place has some big shoes to fill.

It must have a front porch that is good for picture taking.  One last picture of the front porch. I would have taken the kids out of the car to get a shot of them here, but Kate was crying about leaving our "home" and I thought maybe that wasn't the best idea. Never fear, she was making up wacky songs 30 seconds later - so not depressed the entire car ride home.


Another shot of the living room before packing. A peaceful house. Just looking at the photo gives me lots of happy. :)


 And then there is the attic. Yow. We have a lot of stuff. My job for the weekend was just to cull out the things to sell at an upcoming yard sale.  My parents deserve gold medals or stars or halos for helping us through the process of moving (and storing our garage sale stuff). I'm serious when I say that I could have clothed many of the small children in Lexington:


Thankfully some friends showed up and took a lot of this off my hands so that I was down to three large boxes in the end. You are just seeing the baby stuff here. There is at least as much miscellaneous junk we are also selling.

The kids played at Nan and Pop's. It was a windy day. Perfect for pinwheels. Of course, any time is perfect for Nan and Pop.


And Mason showed off his cup-drinking skills. What a big boy. It took Kate forever to master this, but M is a ninja at it.  Here he is drinking sweet tea from a Halloween cup. I don't support small children drinking sweet tea, but he kept asking to taste mine, and I really just wanted to eat my supper in peace.


And then it was back to Greenville for some park time on a warm March afternoon.  I'm always amazed that this exists just downtown in our new city:


The kids are huge fans of the park. There is a ton of wide open green space to run and be silly. Kate loved running down this huge hill.


And M too.There were people walking their giant lizards in the park. Yes, that seemed odd to me too. "They're really very social." Um... uh huh. Right.


I was impressed with Don's willingness to stand on a rock with these two.... you know, after the whole broken foot debacle.


And more sunshine today means the kids did more running wild in the back yard. But more importantly, they wore themselves out for bedtime!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that may have been the only time I've seen Don in long pants since Grandmas' funeral. ---jan

The Ertmanns said...

Happy for you on escrow. I hope you find an equally stunning house!

Dianne said...

Your new home town looks like lots of fun!