Sunday, August 04, 2013

Weekend

What a nice relaxing weekend!

It started Friday - which has recently turned into donut day.  There is a Dunkin Donuts just down the hill from us. What can I say? It's a lot easier to get them in the car when there is the promise of donuts. With "sphinkals" (sprinkles).



And to make Friday that much more exciting... Nan and Pop picked the kids up early from school. Kate is such a little extrovert.  Not a bit shy about introducing everyone to Nan and Pop.  My favorite quotes during pick up?

"Come on and meet my Nan. She's really nice!"

"This is my Pop. His name is Frank. This is my Nan. Her name is..... Fraylick." (Even Rain Man draws a blank once in a while.)

"That is my Nan and Pop. Pop is wearing the new shirt I just gave him!" (Father's Day gift)


Some nights I can still get these two to take a bath together. It can be wild. It can be fun. It can be a complete disaster. Friday night? Fun.


Saturday night was a date night for Don and I. Those are always nice and very much appreciated.  Then today we hit the pool.  The kids LOVE the pool. I love that Mason falls asleep on the 3 min car ride home. :) I don't know why we buy these two more than one bathing suit. Next year? They go to Target and pick the one they like. We buy 2 of each. Done. Mason's favorite? Choo Choo (aka Thomas the Train). He would wear that bathing suit to school every day if we let him.  He tells me it's water day almost every morning.  Kate's favorite is Ariel, the Little Mermaid. Her tail is shiny.  What girly-girl doesn't love a little glitz?


And now I'm off to bed. Everyone else? Asleep for the last hour and a half. This "Clinical Assistant Professor" gig is killing me.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

What a great weekend for us too! It is so nice having a house close so we can visit anytime. Love those two kids!!

Courtney and David said...

Ariel was my favorite too! :) Miss y'all!