Saturday, May 03, 2014

Jenny's 40th Birthday

Jenny turned 40 today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to put together much of a party since I just had spinal surgery. She is a sweet wife, though. I'm sure she'll give me another weekend to plan a make-up party. We still managed to have a lot of fun thanks to a little help from Nan. 

Happy Birthday, Jenny. We love you.



There were balloons... lots of balloons. 


And gifts and smiles. I think I'll check her birth certificate. She doesn't look 40. 


Seriously, no way she's 40. I'm bald and have had two spinal surgeries. That's 40. 


There was cake & ice cream. 


She never tells me what she wishes for. Never. 


We had my famous margaritas. I had to settle for water and hydrocodone. 


These two were the life of the party. 


Three generations together. You can't put a value on that gift. 


She still lets me hang around even though I'm old and broken. 


We wrapped things up by enjoying the beautiful, sunny day we were blessed with. 







Happy birthday, beautiful. We're lucky to have you! 








2 comments:

Dianne said...

LOOKS LIKE THE NEW 40 IS 20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNY!!

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

LOVE this post, Don. Hysterical AND sweet.