Saturday, September 27, 2014

Kindergarten!!

I know it might seem like I've abandoned the blog, but I haven't! I do think about it from time to time, but I'm not so good at actually posting. But here I am. Kate made it to KINDERGARTEN! I couldn't miss sharing that, now could I?

She was SO excited to finally be going to the big school! I think her book bag was bigger than her.


A picture with mommy before we left.


We parked down the street and walked to school. Don and Kate still do that most mornings (although she has conquered car drop-off). Kate's school is a relatively small, neighborhood school, so walking in and crossing the street with the crossing guard almost makes us feel like we live down the street.  Daddy is a drop-off All star. Mommy walks a shorter distance and gets there right before the bell.


Walking in!


And here she is, ready to learn!


Mason couldn't be left out. He's pretty excited about big school as well. After he got over missing Kate. The first day I picked him up from Preschool when Kate wasn't there, I found him crying sobbing in the teacher's lap because he wanted Kate.  Mason: Mommy, where is Kate? Me: She goes to a different school now, remember? Mason: But I love her and want to play with her. Don't worry. He's adjusted just fine.


They had a Sip and Sob. Don may have sneaked back after I left.... but he won't say.


And then there was yogurt to celebrate the first day!


Here she is at the end of her first week. Her hat says: My First Week in Kindergarten was a Piece of Cake!

So far, Kindergarten seems to be a review for Kate. We know that she "aced" the math assessment and reads on the level that they would like kids to be able to read on when they leave Kindergarten. And according to her teacher, she's a model for how kids should play with others in Kindergarten. She truly is a Super Star!! More on that later - and I don't mean 4 months later!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Have missed your blogging updates. Glad you are back! Love that school girl!