Sunday, November 30, 2008

Where did the Holiday Weekend Go?

What a crazy weekend!! Thanksgiving (x2), Charlotte shopping, Clemson Football, and a baby shower! It was fun, but I could use a few more days to recover.


I talked Don into going to Clemson for the big game, and we're VERY glad we braved the weather. Here we are cold and not too wet. I'm lucky to have a husband that loves me and found the biggest cup of hot chocolate you've ever seen! Peppermint Patty was back and thankfully she left at half time b/c I don't think I could have taken her the whole game. I know what you're thinking.. how could you leave at half-time?! Even the Gamecock fans stuck it out until the end of the 3rd quarter!

In Baby news.... only 32 days left! (or so we hope) She has to hold off through next weekend b/c that's when my cousin Kristen is getting married, I'm getting my Charleston haircut, and we have (non-refundable) reservations at a cute little B&B in downtown Chas. Below is a belly shot of me - a couple of weeks ago actually. I don't think I 'm that much bigger now. I like this picture because it looks like I'm wearing normal clothes.


I've promised several people pictures of the nursery, so here they are.... We have a mirror on order that will go over the dresser. I also have some art-work to hang before its perfect.






We have been showered with SO many incredible baby gifts, and have really been touched by everyone's generosity. We received lots of practical things and lots of hand-made things that you could never put a price tag on. I think the Target registry is almost completely fulfilled! Now I think we're just getting anxious to meet this little girl and see if she is as cool as we suspect. :) We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

I love the nursery! It's super-cool for your super-cool little girl. Glad you got to see the Clemson game. Thank goodness we pulled out the win!

courtney fraylick said...

I love it! And of course she will be as cool as you think :)...if not, she's lucky to have an awesome cousin courtney to teach her how to be the coolest baby ever. ha!

And I'm proud yall weathered Saturday's game...You were braver than I was!

Love yall! Shorty :)