I'm only 2 days behind. Really, that's not so bad. I know this because I work with people who think 3 months behind is totally acceptable.
Last week was dance camp for the princess. Here she is wearing her tap shoes. The girl loves to dance. This evening she was dancing (which looked more like wild wiggling) and said to me: "Mom, I can't help it. I've got the beat!"
Sometimes we bribe this one with promises of donuts after a meal... if she eats. No, I'm not proud of that parenting moment.
Mason. Oh, Mason. Steals my heart with that little smile...
Speaking of Mason. Sometimes when Kate isn't trying to get him into trouble or screaming because he's looking at her or is in her room, they share. Here they are sharing goldfish. Yes, sometimes they eat goldfish at 8:00 in the morning.
The Pig-Sharky Bank. He's awesome. He's Mason's. Ok, perhaps I bought him because I thought he was awesome. Mason will think so too one day. I'm sure.
Kate has discovered the camera on my phone. She's getting better at taking pictures. Here's Mom and Dad's cat, Fred.
Today I was touring a conference room that we will be inheriting furniture from. Found these in a cabinet and was allowed to take them with me. LOVE the scented markers. My grandmother used to buy me little back-to-school pencil boxes and pens and such. One year she included this and I LOVED them. Now I have my own set. Someone commented how much Kate would enjoy them. Um... hello. These are ALL MINE!
And finally my favorite story of the week.
Tuesday night I let the kids take their toothbrushes in the tub. I'm not at all a fan of toothbrushes in the tub. Ick. But they were happily "brushing" their teeth and they seemed pretty clean to start with.
So they're in the tub and Kate begins to describe to Mason: "You can clean all kinds of things with your toothbrush: the side of the tub, toys, even your bottom."
Me: "Yuck! No! You never clean your bottom with your toothbrush."
Kate: "Why not?"
Me: Because our bottoms are dirty and we don't want germs from our bottom in our mouth.
There is a moment of silence during which she ponders this and is surely about to pose a followup question. Then, as if on cue, M stands up and "plop, plop" poops in the tub.
Kate makes note of this briefly before she goes back to dipping her toothbrush in the tub water. Yuck! I confiscated both toothbrushes promptly, which resulted in much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I knew that was a terrible idea.
No more toothbrushes in the bathtub.






2 comments:
Was so excited to see Mason finally included in your headliner!
Enjoyed seeing the little dancer and Mason's always happy smile. Love those two--too much!!
Oh.my.goodness. I have so noted this toothbrush rule for any future needs.
Post a Comment