Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trust God

Do you remember that scene in Alice in Wonderland where she falls down the rabbit hole, and for a short moment of time she is floating with all sorts of things that are upside down and suspended in mid air? That pretty much summarizes the place I'm in lately. Life has gotten bizarre, and not always in a good way.


I'm up at 2 am again, eating cereal. It was stormy and the dog was stepping all over me. Couple that with work stress, an employee who has me at the hairy edge of sanity, and the pending visit of the CDC inspectors tomorrow, and I can't sleep. So I was lying in bed, thoughts running through my head, my chest getting tight, and then I remembered lessons from Kate's Vacation Bible School adventure several weeks ago. Trust God. It's always interesting to me that God delivers messages I need to hear when I need to hear them. Unfortunately it doesn't always mean I listen.  During VBS Kate learned about trusting God. And this is how it went:

No matter who you are...... Trust God.

No matter how you feel..... Trust God.

No matter what people do.. Trust God.

No matter what happens..... Trust God.

No matter where you are..... Trust God. (Hello rabbit hole)

Simple for little kids, but profound for me. And difficult.  Especially #2-#4 right now. So... for the foreseeable future I will be falling down the rabbit hole.

Luckily I have Kate and Mason to distract me.  Here is your Mobile Monday on a Tuesday at 2 am.

Bubbles. You can never ever go wrong with bubbles. Happiness follows wherever they go.


Is it 105 where you live too? Water sprinklers are always a sure hit.


Kate spent a lot of time playing with Mason this weekend. I'm not going to get too excited about this, but it was cute. He is tough, and it's a good thing. If I said it once, I said it 5,674 times this weekend: "Be GENTLE with your brother. He's just a baby." She did have to go to time out for punching him in the stomach.  He fell over backwards and smacked his head. Nevermind that he laughed and thought it was great fun. "But he hit me first" Ah... and so it begins.
 

We drink very few soft drinks around here, but apparently enough that Mason has figured it out.  

Pop the top...


And enjoy.....


 Brunch our our favorite place downtown - the Gourmet Shop.


Here's the $6.75 waffle that Kate ate $1 of (and most of that was in whipped cream).


Mason likes to brush his teeth. Thank goodness.


It's a good thing... since he'll eat just about anything.


Here's hoping that you can stay out of rabbit holes this week. I'm certainly hoping I land safely at the bottom of mine sometime soon. Then I'll be sure to avoid cookies that say "Eat Me" - although I'm fairly sure I'm already at the table with the Mad Hatter.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

I trust that when you get to the bottom of that rabbit hole it will be a heavenly landing !

Lisa Moore said...

Good luck!

Courtney and David said...

Will be (and have been) praying for you Jenny!

The Ertmanns said...

I hope in the 'insanity' passes soon. I'm thinking about you.

The Ertmanns said...

I hope in the 'insanity' passes soon. I'm thinking about you.