Saturday, November 10, 2012

Birthdays, Best Friends, and Build-A-Bear

Today we finally went to the Build A Bear Workshop. I was accused of "never letting" Kate go to Build A Bear, which is almost untrue. I don't plan to go there often, so I knew I had to save it for a special day!

As you know, we are moving very soon, and Kate will be leaving her best friend Brynn back in Lexington.  These two have been buds since one-year-old preschool, and love each other like sisters.  Brynn apparently requested that for her birthday this year (which is in January), she go go to Build-A-Bear Workshop with Kate. And because we're leaving, we celebrated in November.

Step 1: Pick a bear (or a puppy in this case).


Step 2: Fill the bear with stuffins. She wanted to push the foot pedal, but didn't like the noise.


Step 3: Kiss, hug, and make a wish on a tiny heart that fits inside the bear.


Step 4: Blow off the bear. I'm not entirely sure why. Kate hated the noise and her Puppy didn't get blown off. Mason loved the noise and I had to blow off his bear several times. Surprised?


Step 5: Pick out an outfit. Kate had this one picked out weeks ago.  The wings even light up.


Step 6: Fill out the Birth Certificate. The name of Kate's puppy? Jewel Princess, of course!


After bears, we did cupcakes.


And rode the carousel.


We sure are going to miss Brynnie and all of the Hahnes. But we all promised to visit in the future. What a fun day!  




4 comments:

GoMeadow said...

Love, love, love this post. You guys are the best.

GoMeadow said...

This is awesome. Thank you for capturing the day.

GoMeadow said...

Love this...can't stop looking at their smiling faces.

Dianne said...

Oh how those two kids love each other! What cute girls!!!
Hope this friendship will continue over the miles--especially since Nan will be in Lexington with Brynn, and Kate will be returning for lots of visits.