They are growing like weeds, and since I've posted so little about either lately, I thought I'd fill you in.
Kate:
- Has decided she wants to be a ballerina when she grows up. She takes her dance class at school very seriously.
- Enjoys yoga at school - "smell the flowers and blow out the candle"
- Loves art - stickers, glue, markers, crayons. She's the queen of mixed media. Every candy wrapper is incorporated into a masterpiece. Every yogurt container is decorated with stickers. Needless to say Valentine's Day (and decorating her Valentine's mailbox) was a big hit.
- Can recognize the name of every kid in her class. That's reading, right?
- Cried tonight when she asked me if the house we buy in Greenville can be made of bricks. I assured her that wolves don't actually blow houses down.
- Likes to make "collections" of things.
- Somehow knows the words to Mary Poppins' "Spoonful of Sugar."
- Uses adverbs better than 60% of the adult population in South Carolina.
- Says please, thank you, yes ma'am and no ma'am.
- Loves anything that sparkles or is pink.
Mason:
- Eats the tips off of markers.
- Giggles non-stop.
- Has new words every day, but consistently says things like: hold you, tum on (come on), hop up, yes ma'am, dog food, and princess (he is Kate's brother).
- Can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," but does not like singing the ABC song.
- Can count to 12.
- Throws up often.
- Loves goldfish crackers.
- Doesn't love breakfast... unless we're serving goldfish crackers.
- Gives the best kisses ever.
- Loves to point out trucks wherever we go. We saw a "digger" the other day after school and he was squealing with delight. No, I don't know the official names of any large construction equipment.
- Knows how to push Kate's buttons.
- Thinks milk might be the single best thing ever.



2 comments:
Thanks for filling us in. We certainly miss them. Love those kids---too much!
LOVE the updates. Kate and Mason are pretty cool kiddos. When Kate gets a little older, I'll have to send her my favorite ballerina book (you know, if she's still interested ;)).
Post a Comment