Every year we head to the beach in September. After all of the tourists have gone home. After the weather has cooled (slightly.. we do like hot weather at the beach). It's a good thing that summer lasts 7 months in SC.
Back to the beach house at IOP. This must have been our 7th or 8th year here.
Here are the kids, just before we hit the beach for the first time.
Mason enjoyed the sand.
Kate's big thing this year was surfing.
And she was such a tough girl. Wiped out on some gnarly waves.
Even Mason got in on the fun.
Of course Don surfed.
And I tried the paddle board thing. I'll say that it isn't as easy as it looks, and works best when the ocean is pretty calm.
Foster, however, did not surf. He's getting old. He did a lot of sitting.
And caught a few frisbees.
Mason discovered fried shrimp. He's such a southern boy. Fried shrimp, sweat tea, boiled peanuts! Mmmmm!
Kate "helped" Pop fish. Honestly, I'm shocked he didn't catch her.
This truck was a huge hit.
We ate at our favorite restaurant - The Wreck.
We took a walk along Shem Creek.
There was the usual outlet shopping. Here are Kate and Mason riding a Carousel. Notice that they're wearing shorts. My Mother wouldn't let me ride those when I was a kid when I was wearing shorts. And here she is not only encouraging it, but allowing them to eat brownies at the same time!! Shockingly enough, no one got sick afterwards. Luck!
Kate and Daddy at Red's.
It was a great time! Thanks Nan and Pop for a fun week!
2013!




















2 comments:
And what a great time we had! Doesn't get much better than that! Pop and Nan
Jealous! Oh how we love family trips to the beach.
Post a Comment