If you haven't been following us at all, Brynn is Kate's bestie from Lexington United Methodist Preschool. These girls just LOVE each other. As evidenced by them holding hands throughout the day. When they finally let go of each others hands a while into our visit, their hands were sweaty!
We went on a hay ride. There was no hay, so it was really just a trailer ride, but fun all the same.
At the end of the no-hay ride, they dropped us off in the orchard. I've never been apple picking before. I guess it was exactly what I expected. There were trees and apples. We picked a bag full. We still have a LOT of apples. I promised Kate we'd make apple fritters. She's beyond excited.
The apples were all up high, so the kids needed help.
Mason was the bag holder. This became more difficult for him as we picked more apples.
So, what do you do? Eat a few to lighten the load. What can I say? The boy likes to eat. A lot.
The most stylish little apple pickers.
The girls dressed some scarecrows.
And had their picture taken here.
Mason did some mining with Brynn's brother Will.
And enjoyed the tractor.
It was a great day! And now we have a LOT of apples. And a LOT of apple cider. The kids aren't tired of it yet!















1 comment:
Looks like lots of FALL fun in the upstate.
Post a Comment