Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Summer Summer Summertime - Part 2

I got a little side tracked after that last post, but I couldn't just leave you hanging - you've only seen 1/3 of our summer!

Kate and I continued our lunches on Friday. I miss those. She always got a Starbucks cake pop after Chick fil A nuggets - we are lucky that both of those restaurants are located in the atrium of the hospital, and she was located right across campus.


The kids did a pretty good job of getting along this summer. They actually played together a good bit.


Oh, but there was plenty of this.


We celebrated the fourth at Nan and Pop's Greenville house. We sure do like that they can visit us any time!


There were bubbles. Who doesn't love bubbles?


Mason got a pair of goggles. He's really taken to sticking his head under the water. And I'm happy that there have been no ear issues after all of that submersion.


We moved the sand box onto the back porch. It was convenient during grilling season, but now I'm ready for it to go somewhere else.


Sledding - it isn't just for winter anymore.


Don worked on the Triumph.


And the boys worked on Mason's new bike.


The kids still went to Preschool every day - Mason moved up to the Preschool class (from the Two's). They do lots of really neat pre-kindergarten activities in there, so he was certainly ready.


Kate went to Zoo Camp at Riverbanks in Columbia.  I love that she embraces new experiences so easily (most of the time). She walked right on into that class full of kids she didn't know, and made some friends.  Mason gets to go next year.


Then it was back to school for a week before the big beach vacation. Here they are in the phone booth, dressing up like superheros.

No comments: