Thursday, June 18, 2015

Because It's Been A While

I love to blog. I really do. I know that you wouldn't know it based on the fact that I haven't blogged in oh, 8 months.  I resolve to change that on a regular basis and it goes nowhere. I love to document our family time. Writing can be cathartic. But then there's this whole thing called life, that slows down for no one.  And I always seem to be trying to catch up or just keep my head above water. So, I'm not going to promise my once prolific 1 post a day, but maybe we'll start with one a week. And I'm somewhat of a perfectionist in some respects, but I will NOT avoid posting just because I can't post about everything. So... here's the first in a series of life snipits.

Kate finished kindergarten. She's awesome, y'all.  And if you know me, you know I don't use "y'all" very often. It just seemed apropos.  I can't explain it, and most of you will never know, but this kid is different. She's sensitive and cries easily sometimes, like all 6 year olds. But she SIX. If you spend any time around Kate, you forget that. We also don't have anything to compare her to (other than Mason), so I'm not really sure what average 6 year olds are like. She finished Kindergarten. She loved every single moment of it. I hope that she always loves to learn as much as she does now. I hear she could "read and write the room" like no other.

Here she is. Last day of K5.

 And then there's the Moo. He turned 4 on May 14th.  He's still the most tenderhearted boy around. You want my last Skittle? Ok! (With a smile on his face). He also laughs in the face of trouble. This makes discipline a little tough until you figure out what motivates him. He loves TV (Rescue Bots), trucks (fire trucks are his favorite), construction sites, candy, being outside, nature walks, and he's been picking up a lot of bugs lately. He smiles and giggles a lot. Sometimes he's hard to read because he laughs when he's happy or when he's in trouble or when he's scared. I guess there are worse things. Please don't ever ask him to wear shoes other than navy blue Crocs. He's wearing other ones in this photo... but only because I "couldn't find" the navy ones.



And most of the time, they get along famously.





No comments: