Lets get something straight. I did not create Not Me! Thursday as an excuse to update you on the vital stats of our sweet baby girl, who went to the Doc for her 9 month check-up on Monday. Who really needs excuses to post these pictures:

Miss Kate weighed in at 18.4 lbs and is 28 inches long! While she grew 2 inches in the past 3 months, she slimmed down a little, only putting on 1.4 lbs. I think her hair also grew a half an inch or so, but they don't measure that, oddly enough. ;) No shots on this trip. She only cried when they squeezed her toe for the CBC, and when the doctor came in the room and she didn't recognize him. By the way, she will definitely get a seasonal flu shot when they have the preservative free doses available. I am not pressuring everyone else in my family (Mom and Dad included) to get the swine-flu vaccine. I do not plan to use the line "its the responsible thing to do" to guilt them into it. I have not considered paying off the rest of my friends and family to get the shots when they're available. :)We did not purchase another stroller last week before heading off to the beach. Ok, maybe we did.. b/c we needed a jogging/beach stroller. Meet BOB (really, that's the brand). I don't know how we would have done the beach thing without him. We got it used, for almost half price. You didn't know we were such bargain shoppers, did you!?

I did not recently relieve my personal trainer of their duties so that I could instead justify hiring a maid to clean my floors. My floors are never dirty. They are not covered in Dog/Cat fur tumbleweeds at this very moment. I would not rather play with my cute baby than clean floors.
Tomorrow Don and I leave for Montana. Yesterday we found out that Don didn't actually have a plane ticket to Montana, even though I thought I purchased one back in August. It was totally the airline's fault. It was not that we neglected to "redeem" the certificate for Skymiles redemption. So after much stress, we were able to book him a ticket. I will be teaching a class and Don will be mountain biking. And we will be visiting an old friend from grad school who lives and does research in Hamilton, Montana! Can't wait! She's expecting a baby around Kate's birthday!
And finally, in an attempt to save some money and clean out the pantry, I wrote my shopping list around some of the things we already had in there. I found this can of tropical fruit that had a recipe on the back for Hawaiian chicken. Sounds good doesn't it? I bought all of the fixin's to go along with. I did not, however, almost serve my family a meal made from cans of fruit that had "best used by" dates of April 2001!! And certainly the only reason I didn't was not because the pineapple looked more like applesauce than pineapple when I opened the can. Don's response? "Oh yeah, we've had those since we lived in Charleston." Um, could we have maybe thrown those out by now? Daddy rules I tell ya!
Have a great weekend and we'll post some pictures of Glacier country when we return!
2 comments:
I totally pulled the expired can thing recently, it was a can of BLACK tomatoes that I realized I had moved from Texas to SC to VA. REALLY?! Also, I don't even work and I still have someone clean my house...because we had her when we were both working and doing grad school and then...I was just spoiled. Enjoy!
Thanks! I'm glad that I'm not alone. And I've been back and forth on the house cleaning thing, so now I feel totally justified!! :)
Post a Comment