So things have been moving right along here in Lexington. Those teeth are taking their sweet time coming in. They're also very camera shy. What is new is Kate "sleeping" through the night! I say "sleeping" because she wakes up once, but doesn't eat. Sometimes she needs a hug to go back to sleep, but it really has helped me start to catch up on some Zzzz's that I've missed over the past 9 months. Last night she slept from 8 pm until 7:15 am and I didn't even have to help her go back to sleeep! I do not hide from my baby in the room next to hers and wait for her to go back to sleep. :) Ok, maybe I do.
Sleeping Beauty hanging out with her giraffe. Foster is stationed at the door to protect her from any other wild animals roaming the house.

Game Day!
Saturday was game day, FINALLY! Although I swore (not literally) up and down that I wasn't buying Kate a cheerleading uniform until she was much older, I gave in and purchased one at Steinmart, of all places. I had a gift card that hadn't been used since Christmas and I thought, what the heck!? I gotta spend it on something. I did text Don and ask him if was a silly purchase. He wrote back and said that we'd spent more money on even more frivolous things. That line of reasoning is not how we are able to justify almost every frivolous purchase we make.
Anyway, I do have to admit that she's awfully cute in it.


We did not take Kate to the game because it was so close to bed time. She's also very much into standing up and grabbing things. I could only imagine her wanting to stand up on me the whole game and trying to grab the sunglasses, hats, clothing, and hair of people sitting around us. So we left her with Nanna. Here we are - Clemson family - before Don and I left for the game.

The game was great fun, although we're a little skeptical that we'll beat Georgia Tech next week based on the way we played. Hopefully Dabo will prove us wrong. No one mentioned that it was going to rain. What were the chances that the only rain in the state was a tiny little patch that sat right on top of Clemson for all of the second half? Peppermint Patty was back, but she only stayed until halftime so she could go out and party . No jewels of widsom from her, but there was a guy behind us that had some serious field vision. "There were 6 chop-blocks on that play!!" Yeah, I can only process 2 chop blocks a play.. 6? Does he have an extra pair of eyes or something? There was a cute little baby that sat next to us. She was 7 months old. I only wondered for a second if we really should have brought our big girl since this baby could make it through the first half. We'll take her to one game this year if there happens to be that perfect combination of weather, time of day, and lousy opponent. Here we are sufficiently wet in the second half.

Play Day!
Sunday afternoon we had lunch outside at the Gourmet shop with Kate and Foster, and then went to the park to swing. Fun times!!
Did I ever mention that lime green striped leggings go with EVERYTHING?!

Sunday was a day full of Ma Ma Ma's for Kate. Those are my favorite days. :) This picture was taken right before she cried because I wouldn't share my sandwich.

Don and Foster enjoying the perfect weather. We ran into another Aussie named Sydney. He looked very much like Foster, but red instead of blue. They were quick friends.

Swinging!

Swinging with Ma Ma. We did not almost get stuck in this swing that was clearly made for elementary school children.

Don impressing the girls with his swinging skills...

Family Feet!

Self portraits are a little harder with the 4 of us. This was take 5. Kate isn't looking, but all of our heads eyes are in the shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment