We were in the grocery store last night and there was a very large Christmas tree. The following conversation went something like this:
Kate: Christmas Tree!!
Don: I sure hope the Grinch doesn't come and steal that nice Christmas Tree.
Pause......
Kate: Grinch only on TV, Daddy.
Don leans over to me and says: Should we ask her about Santa?
Me: Sure, why not.
Don: Kate, is Santa Claus real?
Kate says no. As if it might have been one of the sillier questions we've ever asked her.
So there you have it. Certainly no one has ever told her Santa isn't real. As of right now? Our two-year-old may like Santa, but she doesn't believe in him.
3 comments:
We plugged in our outdoor Christmas lights (you know, the 8 gajillion I have on the apartment porch) on a timer. They're set to go on and off at random intervals, however I hit the little buttons. I told Luke that Santa decided when the lights got turned on and off. No matter how many times I plug and unplug the lights, I can't make them go on and off, but them randomly they just start to twinkle. He runs to the glass doors to see if he can catch Santa in the act. So far, not so much. It's a riot. Oh, and we've also convinced him that Santa left a "Santa-Cam" in the pre-lit Santa that Santa can watch him with at ANY time. Perfect.
That should be good for some therapy down the road, Tiff.
I do what I can.
Post a Comment