Sunday, April 17, 2011

Egg Hunt Take 2

Another egg hunt! We made the short trip to deliver Grandma's birthday card and did a little outdoor exploring to boot. Kate LOVES being outside, and Grandma wore her completely out with egg hunts and walks around the yard.


Apparently prizes are now a must for egg hunts.


After the first hunt/opening, Kate wanted to "do it again!" (not surprisingly), so she and Grandma re-filled the eggs with the assortment of animals and toy cars and hunted for a second time.


There may have also been a caterpillar. I'm a little shocked that she let it crawl up her arm.




And even more shocked that she picked it up! (gently)


Where else would a caterpillar like to hang out than an azalea bush?


What a fun day! AND, at the risk of jinxing her or getting too excited myself.... she wore the same Pull-up all day and didn't lose any of Dora's flowers. In other words... she used the potty all day! It also means I owe her a trip to get ice cream (or a banana split) since I made that deal. Not that I mind getting ice cream. In fact, I'd be ok with an ice cream trip every day. :)

2 comments:

Dianne said...

WOW!! Love that BIG girl!

Lisa Moore said...

Congrats to Big Girl Kate! Also, I just have to say, that Azalea is gorgeous!!!