Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! What a beautiful Easter day it was. We slept in today, which was not really part of the plan, but made for a pretty relaxing day.

I know you'll be shocked to hear that the Easter Bunny stopped at our house. Kate was VERY excited about the Easter Bunny.

He left her a basket of goodies... including her favorite LaLa Loopsy Doll (aka the Loopsy Dolly with the mouse - more on that shortly).

After church, which we made on time, by the way, we went to Nan and Pop's for some YUMMY lunch! Including my red velvet strawberry shortcake, with fresh local strawberries... yum yum! Don't be too impressed. It was all out of a box and super easy. I can't even claim the idea. If you love to bake, or like me, think about baking, please check out the iambaker blog over to the right. Or, you can just see the cake and recipe HERE.



Of course we hunted eggs.


And I even got Kate to sit still for more than 2 seconds and actually look at the camera.


All of this led to a great nap for Kate and a movie for Don and I. Then we colored eggs. That's right. We colored eggs basically after Easter was done. What can I say. We march to our own beat around here.


Everyone got an egg. Even Hank. His is the one without a name - in case you were hopeful we'd made a decision.



And what is inside an egg? Kate had a lot of good guesses.



Group picture with all of her Dolls, wearing the Dora princess dress the Easter Bunny left at Nan's.


On the upper right is the Baby All Gone that she got from Nan and Pops. This baby eats bananas and drinks juice. Thanks to my Dad she just asked "how do we get the bananas out of Baby All Gone?" Which was followed by "her not have a hole." Don crafted a fabulous answer about how we don't "get" the bananas out of Kate either, her body uses them for energy to play and talk and eat. I told him I thought this was a very well crafted answer, even though I didn't think our two year old really got it. "I think she got it, see: Kate, why do we not get the bananas out of Baby All Gone?" and Kate says: "She not have a hole in her." Yup, she got it.

And here are her two Loopsy Dolls: Sugar Crumb Cookie and Pillow Featherbed. She saw Sugar Cookie on TV and in a Target magazine, and has been asking for her for a month. Her sweet Daddy wanted to get her one before then, so when I was out of town, he got her a Pillow Featherbed to lift her spirits. She quickly pointed out to him that she was NOT the doll she wanted. The one she wanted had a mouse. She even gave it back to him briefly. But today, when she finally got Sugar Crumb Cookie, she ran off to get Pillow so they could be friends. And they're best buds now - they go everywhere together.



What a wonderful day it was!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

What a wonderful blog! Just think how boring our Easter would have been without you three! Love you all!!