Not an original title, I know. It does, however, cover everything in this post, and who's to say I have to be creative all the time. I'm tired, people.
One of the things I've enjoyed about maternity leave is that Kate and I have gotten to do some fun stuff that normally happens in the daytime when I'm working. Like the Marionette theatre that we visited on Monday. We watched The Little Mermaid, learned about different puppets, and went behind the scenes.
The Little Mermaid gets legs! I think she was confused that this wasn't the Disney version.
Tried out a penguin.
Kate's Kitty Cat "marian ant" puppet. I've lost count of how many times we've had to untangle this poor kitty.
Wednesday we took Kate to the "bone doctor." They didn't give her a cast, but a boot to wear for two weeks. When we got in the car she said: "Mama, I kinda don't like this boot." She wears it, nonetheless, although I have to say we're pretty liberal about her time out of the boot.
Don was a great Daddy and read her books while we waited over an hour. She was as hilarious as ever. When the Doctor came in, she pointed to the computer screen where her x-rays were displayed and said: "Those are my bones." Which was even funnier because we hadn't discussed that those were her bones before that moment. The doctor just sat and looked at her for a couple of minutes and they traded silly faces and Kate giggled. Priceless.
Yogurt after the boot fitting.
Grandma and Grandaddy sent her a get-well gift. Wow.. did they hit the jackpot with this one. Princesses!
Friday we shopped with Nan and got a few cute things for school AND this watch. That's right. She'll be telling time next week. Right Nan? You're going to teach her that aren't you?
And then there's Mason. CU-TIE-PIE!
Not only is he cute in his tractors....
He's been practicing this:
Don will have him balancing on a bike by the end of the year.
And he's been nursing his double chins.
Thankfully we're just a few hours from not breaking anyone this weekend! Part of me wonders if I shouldn't have said that out loud. Anything can happen in a couple of hours....




3 comments:
I fell off of the back deck... posting this from my phone... leg pointing in an unnatural direction... HELP. ;)
What a BUSY family!!! Love those two happy children!
Aww ... a student in my class had one of those once and she called it her "Big Girl Boot." Hope all is well soon!!
Post a Comment