Saturday, November 26, 2011

Game Day Pick'em


Before you hear Kate's pick for tonight's big game, let me share a few pre-game thoughts.  Columbia is a hard place to live when you're a tiger fan.  People treat you like you have Leprosy (or worse), kids shove you, Grandmas flip you off.  It's a hard life, and, quite frankly, I'd be ok if the Gamecocks never won another game. Of anything.  I know, that's horrible, but it's where I am.  I still maintain that I will not teach my kids to hate USC or boo them (they'll figure that out on their own), but I also realized earlier this year that to completely ignore that other team is to risk having a Gamecock fan in my house. And nothing made that more evident than when we went to pick up a pizza and she spotted the life-sized Cocky on the wall and said "Mommy!! Look!! It's Cocky!"  Yeah, still don't know who taught her that one.  So... this season we've tried to talk a little more about the Tigers (not against the Gamecocks).  We took Kate to Clemson and we've been teaching Mason C-L-E-M in Cadence Count.  And then there was the imminent question: "Mommy? What's a Gamecock?" Well, we told the truth. May have stretched it just a tad. :)

So here's Kate's pick for tonight's game. Go Tigers!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Love my little tigers!!

Lisa Moore said...

I just laughed out loud!!! Nice job, Jenny! War Eagle!

WanderingGirl said...

I LOVE it... and a Gamecock is a big, mad, UGLY chicken!