Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday Weekend!

What a fun birthday weekend Don had! In spite of the fact that I was off in Charleston for a good chunk of his day.  I think he got lots of fun gifts, and his Dad visited for a manly shopping trip at Northern Tool. We certainly love him and are so glad he's on the mend.  It's also never bad to have an excuse to eat cake!

Kate was a sweetie. She picked out a card for Don that was pretty sappy. "Because I want to be Daddy's little girl." Don't worry kiddo.


Nan and Pop provided the cake. Kate already had cake (and cookies) earlier in the day at Courtney's wedding shower. Here she is proving she's always up for icing cake.


Mmmm... Someone asked if it was possible that she loves cake more than me. Well, I guess anything is possible. I think she's just a little more outward in expressing her love for cake. Either way, it's clear she takes after me.


Our fun continued on Sunday. Don set up his newest tarp. He's planning a mega trip. More on that later. Right now he's healing, remember?


Kate drew this great picture of a whale with 100 legs.


Mason watched from the stroller.


He's such a cutie.


And can be pretty silly.


And Kate? She loves being silly.






We had a great time, in spite of the cold!





1 comment:

Dianne said...

Love the pictures! Glad Don had a happy birthday and is on the mends! Love those two cute children!