Monday, June 04, 2012

Mobile Monday

Once again I've fallen behind with blogging.  I even had grand plans regarding the title of said blog. That's on hold for now. There's lots going on around here. This Monday post will actually be 2 weeks worth of fun!

On Memorial Day weekend, we decided to head the opposite direction of all of the beach go-ers and dig around in Greenville.  Downtown Greenville is just awesome. We spent a little time at the Reedy River Park. What a beautiful greenway. Columbia should really take notes.


Kate and Daddy.



Plenty of space for a La-La-Loopsy doll picnic. I had to promise her we would come back for that.


"Mom, you are my best friend forever."  As of today, we're still best friends forever.  Along with Daddy. Mason? He's best friends with Foster because he gives yucky kisses.


Greenville has a cupcake store that is even cooler than ours (although owned by the same people) - Chocolate Moose. Kate chose a cupcake on a stick with lots of sprinkles!


Oh, and then there's Mason. Who, it turns out, gets car sick. We think.  He threw up as we arrived in Mauldin and again as he left. Which is why he isn't wearing clothes in this photo. He puked up all of the clean clothes we had.  My car, luckily doesn't smell like vomit any more (thanks Don), but he retains the nickname "vomit boy." I loved this exchange - Kate: "Mase, you frew up all over your clothes! (Mason laughs) Kate: It's not funny! It's tewwible!"


After vomiting episode number 2 (Kate: Vomit? What's Vomit?), I wedged myself in the backseat with these two for the 1.5 hr ride home. "Mommy, can we get out of here? It smells weally bad." It did. It smelled horribly bad in the back seat.


 And after a whirlwind little trip, we were home.  Home to M trying to escape the house. He can't turn the knob, but he gets the idea.


Home to this:


 

And this past weekend? Not much photo-worthy. Don cleaned out our cars. Mason bit Kate twice on the arm, and went to time out for the first time. Not because he knew what time out was, necessarily, but because I felt like I had to somehow show Kate that I was doing something about it. He bites hard.

And more cupcakes. How do you like this one? She chose the bride and groom topper. Love this girl!


And just a little teaser for the next post. Kate is pretty darn excited about her first summer adventure:



3 comments:

Dianne said...

Love that Mason is walking! Can't wait to see more of Kate's summer fun.

Lisa Moore said...

AWESOME!! Please, you're not behind in blogging at all....at least by Moore standards, which probably doesn't make you feel any better :)

The Ertmanns said...

Oh my goodness...you have a kid that gets carsick too! I already dislike long car rides and the fear that Ian is going to throw-up everywhere makes my anxiety worse. We just recently asked our MD what we could do since we've tried every non-pharmacologic method known. Since he's over 2, we can try dramamine. Not sure when our next trip will be but we're praying it works. We actually had to replace a car seat once. I hope it was a one time thing for Mason.