Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Lake Fun!

This weekend we were invited to the lake by Kate's bestie, Brynn, and her family.  We live close to a very nice lake that I spent many/most of my summer weekends on.  To be honest with you, the thought of being out in the middle of the lake on a boat in the hot summer heat is not at all appealing to me. Been there, done that. Sorry, but I've turned into one of those shade-loving, cool-breeze seeking, if I go to the lake/beach, I prefer to be back in the air conditioning by 11 am kinda girls. And it was hot. The car said 101 when we got back to it around 4:30. Ick.  But the weather was quite nice as long as the boat was moving, and they did have portable shade.  The kids were pretty excited to be at the lake and riding on a boat. 



We went to a little beach and did some swimming. I don't think Kate had ever been in water this deep, so it took a little getting used to, but she did great. Went under (accidentally) a few times and came right up ready to swim some more. 


And Mason? Not really surprised that he's a fish.  Fearless, this boy.

 

Everyone was pooped by the end of the day.  As you see, we were able to spend most of our time in the shade. Thank goodness! It was actually not too bad in the shade. :)


These sweet girls couldn't even make it back to the marina.  After grabbing an ice cream to cool off, we were on our way home. Fun day!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

After a tough week, I am sure this was a most welcomed getaway. Love that Kate and Brynn have become best buddies. Such cute girls together.