
In a moment of weakness today at Publix, Don and I purchased our first baby crack (have you ever observed a baby watching this stuff? Addicts I tell you!!). Not only did we do that, but it was a CD of ELMO! Ack! I figured that Kate likes Elmo and I could tolerate him if he talks about Loving the Earth. It is kind of cute... Elmo and friends go in search of the "elusive Blue-Feathered Swallowing Swallow" and learn about beautiful things in nature. They talk about recycling and how its important not to litter. Yeah, I know, Kate doesn't get any of that yet, but its never too soon to start!
I think part of the attraction of the video for her was that she got to watch it with Daddy and he fed her some strawberry popsicle, which, I'm pretty sure isn't considered a "1st food" for babies. Ah, those Daddy rules again!

In other Earthy-related news, I finally got back out in the yard this weekend!! I know, it was HOT, but it was so nice to clip and prune and dig and plant. Unfortunately I need more yard-work practice. I smacked myself in the nose while clipping the Crepe Myrtle. This almost never leaves a bruise.. but here it is. Displayed prominently on the front of my face. Its a lot more obvious in person and looks like someone might have taken a blunt object to my nose.

And one more picture that should make you question our fitness as parents.
Kate playing with a candle at dinner. Luckily it was the kind with batteries. But you have to watch her. Put things where you think they are out of harm's way, and then move them out another foot. The girl has reach!

No comments:
Post a Comment