Simplify.
I don't know about you, but my life is complicated. In cleaning out my closets recently, I've found I have way too many clothes and I can't seem to part with them because "that's a nice (dress) and I may need to wear it one day." Really, I haven't worn half of those things in probably 4 years. Then there's all the other "stuff" that we have collected over the years. Wouldn't it be nice to simplify? To have just what you need? We're just so afraid to get rid of anything! Well, I think this is primarily my problem b/c I'm married to this wonderfully simple guy (and I mean that as a real compliment). He likes vanilla ice cream, plain bagels, black coffee, and rice with no gravy (which really blows my Mom's mind). He's an ultralight backpacker and can easily pack for several days worth of hiking in a tiny little pack that weighs something like 3 ounces (ok, not really, but seriously light).
Two weeks ago he bought a surfboard. A white one. It is beautiful and clean and simple. And, he's serious about this simplicity thing.

So, now I'm (a little more) motivated to simplify my life - to get rid of the clutter and keep what I need.
3 comments:
My closet rule has become: if I haven't worn it in a year, it HAS to go.
I am learning more and more how much stuff I really DON'T need. You can only wear so many clothes and so many shoes. I have decided when I get something new, like a purse I have to get rid of one. Yet, I still have stuff I don't wear but think I will some day...Thanks for the reminder!
I'm with Don on the black coffee...except I like everything bagels - so, that's not simple at all haha!
And the board is beautiful!
Post a Comment