Monday, June 29, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! I have been enjoying this fun little blog carnival that was created by MckMama. Basically its a great way to confess the silly things you did (NOT do) the previous week. Isn't it nice to know that no one is perfect and that everyone has their moments when they do silly or brainless things. So, I hope you enjoy my very first Not Me! post. There should be many more to come because I'm always doing crazy things that will make you wonder how in the world I got an advanced graduate degree, and how I manage to get my shoes on the right feet every morning. And please, if you need even more encouragement, head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well, I've lost all of my baby weight, so I'm NOT seeing a personal trainer twice a week. I would only do that if my all of my muscles have melted away since having that sweet little girl. And of course, if I was seeing a personal trainer I wouldn't cram my face full of Oatmeal Creme Pies, because wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of a personal trainer? I did not eat 3 of those Creme Pies at work the other day while fresh watermelon sat in the fridge - I'm so much healthier than that.

I'm such a fan of the baby monitor, but I would never hold it close to my ear to see if I can hear Kate breathing. I do NOT check on her constantly when I haven't heard her breathe in over 10 min, because that would be silly. I also don't eavesdrop on Don when he goes in there to comfort or feed her because its so darn cute.

Oh yes, and I finally got back out in the yard this weekend for some digging in the dirt!! Yay!! But I surely didn't smack myself in the face with the hedge trimmers, leaving a nice bruise on the bridge of my nose. I did not then manage to follow that up with smacking my face into my desk today in the EXACT same spot while reaching for some papers. That might result in me having a big red and purple mark on my nose, which cannot be easily covered by makeup or sunglasses. Not Me!

Did you know? I went on my first overnight trip away from home since Kate was born last Wednesday and Thursday. Did I miss my sweet baby? You betcha! But I certainly did not enjoy rolling over and going back to sleep upon waking at 2 am. No way! I LOVE sleep deprivation.


Hope you had a great Monday! I'll try to post more next week, but you know, I'm NOT a complete klutz, and my life is always pulled together perfectly and tied up with a bow! Now what would a post be without a fun picture? This is NOT the cutest baby girl ever. :D


No comments: