Do you think Smokey knows how dangerously close he is to getting his tail pulled/bitten/pinched if Kate isn't strapped into the bouncy.

Ahhhh..... I'm going to bite your face, Giraffe!

Yeah, you better strap me in!

She is too much fun!
Except for a nice little date night that Don and I took Saturday (complete with Peanut Butter Nirvana and a hilarious movie), we spent most of our weekend at home. Sometimes its nice to be home, isn't it? I ran across this great description of home in Skirt magazine. Not sure if you're familiar with Skirt, but its a feminist newspaper-type publication, and I don't consider myself a feminist really but this magazine makes me feel ok to be one if I please. Its more about supporting and uplifting women, and the writing is usually super. (This is the part where Don is so glad that he's branched out with his own manly blog)
So here goes. Don't know who wrote it, but I hope you enjoy it and it makes you reflect on where home really is!
Home is pajamas straight from the dryer on the coldest night of winter and a roof that doesn't leak during a rainstorm.
It's food in the refrigerator and heat that Works and this month's rent paid in full.
It's Benjamin Moore Blue, Porch Light Yellow, a loose-change-in-the-sofa silver lining.
It's the dog who thinks you invented walks and someone to share your late night thoughts.
It's the evening news with a glass of wine and a slice of the moon in the window at bedtime, the shower that washes away work and the special mirror that makes you look taller before you leave the house.
Home is the key left under the mat, your mother's phone number, the place you drive through the night to reach.
It's where we find our Belonging.
1 comment:
I LOVE skirt magazine! I agree with the writing being good, but I just love the design - I think the whole magazine is beautiful every time! Great quote about home too :)
Post a Comment