Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Lazy Sunday

I guess it was lazy depending on who you talk to. Kate? Lazy. Me? I think I must have cleaned the same kitchen 3 times. I also managed to vacuum and sweep up some of the dog and cat fur so that Kate didn't look like she was wearing fur pants after crawling around. I did more laundry than I've probably done in months, which isn't saying much because I avoid laundry like the plague, and I cooked beef stew - not out of a can - and it tasted pretty ok.

What does a lazy baby do to wind down at the end of a long, lazy day?

She takes a luxurious Daddy Bath. Baths with MaMa aren't nearly so relaxing. If I was directing this bath, she would be trying to climb out of the tub.


She plays with her new shopping cart. It allows her to walk unassisted by humans, so it is quite a hit. Have I mentioned that she can now stand on her own? She doesn't realize it most of the time, but she can go for quite some time!


And she does a little rocking in her monkey PJs.


What a nice end to a weekend. Saturday Don and I drove to Clemson, but ended up watching the game at Wild Wings in Anderson. I guess we're not die-hard enough to endure 52 degrees and rain. We've certainly done that before, but didn't have it in us this time. Please don't forget to vote for Kate's Halloween costume over on the right side of the page. You know, because she reads this blog every day wanting to know what she should be.

And finally, if you don't mind, please keep Kyle and Wendy Heise in your prayers this week. They lost their sweet 4 month old to SIDS on Friday. Also pray for their daycare provider, Polly, who found Kylie unresponsive in her crib. I can only begin to imagine their pain. I have certainly held Kate a little closer this weekend and checked on her rather obsessively. We should all remember not to take anything in life for granted - the health and lives of our family, the roof over our head, our own health.

For now, I'm off to clean 2 toilets and then enjoy a comfy bed... And, if I can muster it, Not Me! Monday is tomorrow! Good Night!

No comments: