Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Happy Monday!! Isn't it fun that I don't post Not Me! every Monday? Because then its a treat when I actually do! Ok, that was not my attempt to excuse myself from all of the Mondays I've missed lately. I also did not almost consider being funny and posting a Not Me! Tuesday because I'm just darned tired.

So lets play Not Me! Monday! Please remember that I'm not clever enough to dream this stuff up on my own, and if you want to see where it all started, link up to your own Not Me!, or just blog surf some funny stuff, please head on over to MckMama's site.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you're just looking over your shoulder for the other 2 stooges the entire time? Nuk Nuk Nuk! Well, last week was not like that for me! No sir! I did not walk out of the house wearing 2 miss-matched shoes that were both black, but the similarities ended there. My mother did not try to convince me that no one would notice! My co-workers did not say that they wouldn't tell me if my shoes didn't match. Hello!?! Would they also not tell me if my shirt was inside out or if my pants were on backwards?!

My child did not send her rubber ducky swimming in the toilet, nor did poop leak out of her diaper because apparently they don't make diapers in size 3 with that kind of volume. I do not now have enough experience to know that baby poop cleans up out of the carpet much easier than cat poop.

I did not have an unfortunate umbrella accident in the middle of a monsoon. I also did not subsequently go about finding out how to return a Totes umbrella. They have a lifetime warranty, you know.

I finally got the chance to work in the yard this weekend for a few minutes. I did not, however, consider mulching over a dead squirrel. Instead, I buried it responsibly, and did not huck it over the fence into the neighbors yard...

I did not get dressed for church and show up at the advertised 11:30 service to find people just milling around in the sanctuary as if church had just ended. I did not instead go to Publix and buy groceries with the rest of Lexington County. I did not learn later that indeed there is an 11:30 service, but its contemporary and located somewhere else on the church campus.

See! I'm perfect! Just like you always suspected. I really hope that you sense the sarcasm in that comment. Ok, here are some pictures of your favorite 10 month old! Kate's new tricks include:

- Opening cabinets and drawers AND pulling out/banging/chewing on whatever she finds inside.
- Telling us that the ducky says Kack Kack Kack!
- Meowing back at the cat.

The happy girl!


Really loves riding on Daddy's shoulders. When they play, its a lot like a circus act. Well, a circus act if the trapeze lady giggled madly as she was swinging through the air. Don't you love that she's holding on to Daddy's ears for dear life?


Remember when I said she liked going through cabinets playing with whatever was inside. Well, the bag of potatoes was quite a hit.



Kack Kack went for a little swim. What's that? I said this didn't happen? Ah, well, my Mommy memory can be quite spotty.



Pretty girl with her Daddy.


If I can muster up the energy, I have several fun posts in the works. Until then, I hope you all have a SUPER, FANTASTIC week!

1 comment:

All My Monkeys said...

Glad to see I am in good company. I have never worn my shirt inside out to an Early Childhood Family class full of moms I don't know. (Friday)

I know nothing of diapers that can't hold their contents, or methods of removing poop from carpet. (? 2 weeks ago? or is it one?)

And I NEVER have Mommy Brain.

Thanks for sharing. Cute daughter!!!