Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome back to another exciting edition of Not Me! Monday. I am so excited that my friend Ashleigh has joined in the Not Me! fun! I was not motivated to rush on over here and post my Not Me! simply because she posted her very first one. I am never affected by such peer pressure. Please remember that this blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


So, my teeth all came in straight as a child and I never had braces - even though I did beg the dentist to give me some. My Mom, instead, endured braces during my elementary school years. Well, that’s about where the Good Lord stopped when he blessed me with straight teeth. I have pitted teeth, so I get cavities, and while we’re finding new ways to combat that, I’m enduring the joy of crowns. So I got a new crown last Monday! Yay! I am not totally ok with the dentist because it is in close proximity to the mall and Starbucks. I do not schedule my appointments around times that let me visit those locations. I do not grind my teeth. I did not think I swallowed that same crown on Thursday. I did not visit Panera, Starbucks and Gymboree after getting my crown replaced. I did not buy the cutest outfit at Gymboree in a size 2T for next year b/c they didn’t have it in Kate’s size and it was on mega sale. No, I’m much more financially responsible than that! Oh, and when I got home, I certainly didn’t find my crown in the glider in Kate’s room.


After much back and forth, Kate got her H1N1 flu shot on Thursday. I did not sit in the parking lot debating whether to do it. I’m in public health for Pete’s sake! I believe in vaccines! Again… it was not peer pressure that made me second guess my decision to get the vaccine for Kate (it was just good ole irrational, over-thinking Mama syndrome). I did not just re-read this paragraph and begin to wonder who Pete was and how I might find out why we exclaim for Pete’s sake.


I did not go to the grocery store yesterday and come away with: 2 boxes of “autumn-y flavored tea, 1 bag of candy corn, 1 bag of m&ms, 1 bag of Three Musketeers and 1 bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I did not then try to blame my gluttony on my sweet husband and the impending trick-or-treaters. He did tell me he was craving candy corn.. so its clearly all his fault!


Oh, and I know you’re all sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what Kate will be for Halloween!! Thanks to everyone who voted! We will have the big reveal later this week. I did not vote more than once. I did not think it was my right as the Mama to have two votes – I would never do such a thing.

Have a spooky week everyone!

No comments: