We have a tree! It was touch and go there for a bit. And by touch and go I mean screaming baby, 30 degree weather, shopping for a 9 ft Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the dark at Lowes on a Sunday night. Here is Don putting a star on top. We did not break down and pay a premium for this tree so that someone else would trim it and put it in the tree stand for us. I did not stop by and choose this tree and then let Don go by and pick it up after work. Nope! Totally a family affair.

Don and I got Kate a swing and slide for her birthday! She LOVES it (see below). We did not give it to her a week before her birthday. She goes down the slide by herself now... well, Ok, we are always there to make sure she doesn't whap her head on the way down.


Saturday was the big Party! Kate turned 1!! I guess the year has gone by quickly. I have to say that I've been pretty ready/excited about each new stage. It seems like she's been with us for much longer than one year. It was a fun time. Kate is a sweet girl. She looked at every card and oohed and ahhed over every toy. I can tell you that she has enjoyed EVERYTHING that she got for her birthday already. She's read the books multiple times, hugged the baby and stuffed animal, bounced on the horse, taken puzzles apart, answered her cell phone, had a tea party and played in the bathtub until she started to wrinkle. And, she's still carrying all of those cards around. Bet no one has ever enjoyed birthday cards quite as much. Here are some pics from the big day. And if you want to see a fun video montage Don put together, you can do so by clicking right HERE.
Table set and ready to go! Every time we walk into the breakfast room, its like she's never seen those balloons before.

Really not too crazy about the cupcake, but did like everyone singing Happy Birthday.

Sitting with Grandma.

Riding her new Pony.

Hanging out with Aunt Cheryl. She really enjoyed meeting new people at her party.

Looking at the Tree with Aunt Susie.

What's a party without your wings? They matched the party colors so well!

Cousin Laurie was nice enough to knit her a hat with hair. You know, since she doesn't have any of her own. Here she is showing off her braids.

Sunday Don and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary in a low-key way: brunch at Motor Supply and coffee at Starbucks. It was nice and quite and fun to just be us again. Six years doesn't sound like much. We've almost known each other for half of our lives.
Here we are 6 years ago! What a happy day!

Ah, yes. And our escape from the cold. Never fear! We have already found a swank, all-inclusive Jamaican resort that Kate can visit with us!
Ok, so today I recuperated. Mom had to go to the dentist and Kate had her 1 year checkup today, so I spent the day at home. It was nice. Oh, Kate weighed just over 20 lbs and is 30 inches tall. So, while she only gained a pound over the last 3 months, she gained 2 inches - whoa! Still hoping she'll be tall like Da. Poor thing had her finger pricked and got 5 (yes, you read that correctly) shots! She cried a lot and was clingy for the rest of the day. I'm not complaining. I love the snuggles!Kate walked around with a balloon.

And let the cat that she found sleeping in her toy box borrow her wings.

And she practiced her newest rendition of the pteradactyl. Yes folks, its back. I know you're excited! I was going to post a video here.. but its late and I'm blogged out. Maybe another time.
5 comments:
So fun! Love, love, love the wings! Whew, what a first year, huh? You didn't cram everything in one month or anything did you? Kate's birthday, your anniversary and what was the other thing...oh, yeah, Christmas! Knock 'em all out at once!
I, too, love the wings! Such a fun time.
Pretty jealous of Motor Supply- that was probably our favorite restaurant in Cola. Also, we've probably discussed this way back when, but we sat at that same place (at least it looks like it- the place on the cliffs where the guys jump from the trees?) while drinking the same Red Stripe beer on our honeymoon. Ah, good times.
Yes! It is the same place! The famous Rick's Cafe. Ah.. we are missing our December trek to Jamaica. We may have to change that tradition... Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas all in December! Wow. It already feels like Christmas is over after all of the present opening on Saturday.
WOW- she's a year?? how time is flying!!! You will have a blast this Christmas (and remember a lot more of it than last year , I bet). Ya'll enjoy and keep thsoe posts with pics coming- i love them . . . .ps, Happy Anniversary!
Oh, happy birthday Kate! So glad you all had such a good time. Looks like fun was had by all.
I went to Rick's when I was in Jamaica, too!
Post a Comment