Monday, May 10, 2010

Not Me!

Mckmama- Not Me Monday


You know what I like about not me! Monday? When something ridiculous happens to me, I don't really get embarassed anymore. I just think... Oh! That will be perfect for Not Me! Monday. See? Laughing at yourself can be great therapy! Just remember to pop on over to MckMama's website if you want to read more Not Me! posts. She's the one that started it all!

Remember the funeral that we attended a few days ago? Me too.. kind of. I did have a 17 month old on my lap, so I didn't hear everything. I was pretty busy keeping her from distracting everyone else. When we got up to exit the church, I did not look down and see that sweet baby's diaper laying on the pew. If I had, I would have immediately recognized it and not thought "Wow, someone left a very big tissue behind." I would not have been absolutely mortified at feeling my child's bare bottom when I picked her up. And I would have handled the situation with grace, not thrown her to the ground beside the pew to put her diaper back on, whacking her head on the wall. Because she would have then proceeded to tell me (over and over) that I bumped her head.

I did not place my baby on the island in the kitchen and give her a bowl of grated mozzarella cheese and a wooden spoon just to keep her occupied while I fixed dinner. Nope! Not me! That would be just plain dangerous.


I did not wear 2 different earrings to work last week. I would have realized it before the end of the day if I did. Right?

Fun! What about you? Did you have any Not Me! moments last week?

Remember the days when I could take cute pictures of Kate sitting on the front porch? Not anymore. I can't even bribe her to sit there. Here are some pictures of our afternoon fun.

The one decent shot I got of her on the porch.


The child can spot an ant from a mile away.


New Crocs!


Run Kate, Run!


2 comments:

Dianne said...

Just plain cute! She is growing up so fast--maybe it's the crocs that make her look older. I have missed her the last 4 days! Can't wait until tomorrow!

The Hawkins said...

I love it!! Thank you for sharing and making me not feel so bad about my not me moments! If I wasn't pregnant, I am sure I would remember them to do a post, but since I am pregnant, my brain isn't retaining much of anything.