Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Isn't it hard to believe that last weekend we were doing this:



And today we were doing this:


Started off the New Year right... Tweety Bird waffles. We got this waffle maker as a wedding present, believe it or not, from our jeweler.


What a hit! Ate the whole thing in record time.


Then Don went to ride the sheep and we went to the park for.....

Sliding...

Walking....


Hiding...


And making new friends... (they are comparing shirts)


Kate said: "I want to go meet her." And, much to my chagrin, she did! She also met a little boy and didn't run from him. What progress!

We went to take Nanna a pot that we had borrowed, and Kate wanted to stay and play. So she did... play and eat and nap. Thanks Mom!! What a fun afternoon of cleaning and organizing I had!!

We finished the evening with some pot roast, collards and black-eyed peas. I might turn into a black-eyed pea, I tell ya!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Happy New Year to my favorite family. What a treat to get to have Kate over! Can't wait to get into 2011---then we will have "double the pleasure". Love that big sister-to-be!!