"Too much fun what's that mean?
It's like too much money, there's no such thing
It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done, well I ain't never had too much fun"
It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done, well I ain't never had too much fun"
Yeah, its kind of a goofy song, but if you've read our blog much, I think you know that we believe there's no such thing as too much fun when it comes to weekends! I learned a few things last week. Most importantly that you should seize every moment. Love on your family and friends, as if you might never see them again. Don't take anyone for granted, b/c next month they could be gone. So, per our usual, Don, Kate and I went out and seized our weekend.
We drove to Florence on Saturday to have lunch with Don's family. Our niece Lauren is graduating from high school on Thursday! Here she is being embarassed by the singing Olive Garden wait staff. I didn't even know they did that for graduation. We're hoping Lauren chooses to go to Columbia International University here in town so that we get to see her more often and Kate gets to know her big cousin. It was so good to see everyone, we should definitely do this more often!
We drove to Florence on Saturday to have lunch with Don's family. Our niece Lauren is graduating from high school on Thursday! Here she is being embarassed by the singing Olive Garden wait staff. I didn't even know they did that for graduation. We're hoping Lauren chooses to go to Columbia International University here in town so that we get to see her more often and Kate gets to know her big cousin. It was so good to see everyone, we should definitely do this more often!

The Family. I really don't like this photo of me, but there are so few of us together as a family, so here it is.

On the way home we stopped by Babies R Us and picked up this cute little activity center for Kate. We'll probably hate "The Farmer in the Dell" by the time its all said and done, but she LOVES it.


On Sunday afternoon we went against our better judgement and headed to the Zoo! I don't know if you know this about Riverbanks, but it has to be one of the hottest places on earth in the summer. Well, today the high was in the 90s, but there was a breeze, so we tried it. Not too bad! Thanks to my friend Lorene, we had 2 free passes. You probably also don't know that the zoo is one of my all time favorite places in the world. Yeah, that's a big statement, but its true! I always wanted to be a zoo vet before I ended up a Microbiologist. I wonder if they need a zoo Microbiologist.....
Kate's first trip to the zoo!

We sought out lots of shade.

Sitting on Happy the Tiger with Mom. Happy was the first resident at Riverbanks Zoo, which opened the year I was born, 1974!

Kate couldn't see most of the animals, and lets face it, this trip was for me and Don and not her, but she did have a few favorite parts:
The penguins with Dad. She also liked it when Dad threw his sunglasses at the Koala bear.. Ok, so I exaggerate a little bit. I wasn't able to get a picture of him picking them out of the exhibit with those "grabber" things. I guess when you don't have any hair to hold them on, it can happen. :)

Loved the plants, trees, and flowers!


Fish with Dad. LOVED the fish. Takes after her Pop.

Here is my attempt at artistic photography. This other blog I read had a post on how to get blurry backgrounds. So, I dropped my f-stop down to 2.7 (that's as low as it would go) and voila! I'm quite pleased with myself.

I think we wore her out. What do you think?

Wow. Its past my bedtime. I have no idea where the hours go, but Kate is asleep (for now) in her own room (!), Don is upstairs sewing (yes, you read that right), and I have just finished cleaning the kitchen that never gets clean and I have a list 2 miles long of stuff I'd like to do (only 2 feet of which might get done after this post). Hopefully Kate won't wake up as often as she did last night and I can get some sleep. Last night was her first full night in her room. It was brutal, but she woke up happy and Don and Foster brought us bagels. This coming week will be my first 5 day week in over a month. Its going to be a long one, but rest assured that next weekend we'll try to have too much fun again.
No comments:
Post a Comment