Thursday, April 01, 2010

Catch All

Let me go ahead and warn you that this is going to be a very random post, with a little of this and some of that and you will find yourself saying: wow... she had too much caffeine today! (Maybe it was the rare Pepsi that I allowed myself for pizza night). I also received a fun little blogosphere award from my friend Mandy. The catch is that I'm supposed to tell you Seven Random Truths about me. So I'll try to do that too...

Here goes. Today I took a half day to play with Don and Kate. We started at Harbison State Forest. Foster caught Frisbees. Kate picked up as many rocks as she could hold. Her record? 6

We took our baby to a "bar." Its really only a bar inside at night. Outside in the mid afternoon you can sit on the porch and have appetizers.


Like the hat? I tried to tell him that it wasn't his size.




We did some sliding.




Then we came home and had $5 Hot N Ready Pizza. I highly recommend it if there are days you don't want to cook! Kate even had some, and it was a HUGE hit.

Random truth #1 about me: My newest obsession is running the Lake Murray Dam. Its 3.4 miles across and back. You know how hard it is to find 3.4 miles of sidewalks in Lexington!? Getting better. Pushing a stroller with a 21.5 lb baby while running 3.4 miles kicks my behind! Here is Kate when we were taking a break. I like this shot because it looks like she's about to catch a sunbeam. :)


Random truth #2 about me: I love that Don does baby bath time because it gives me a few minutes to myself to do whatever I'd like... wash dishes, blog, exercise, read, etc. This week Don was gone to Kansas and I missed those few minutes. But! I did get to hang out with Kate in the bath. She likes to grab the water when it comes out of the faucet.


Random truth #3 about me: I absolutely cannot get enough of this face... This is what you get when you ask her to smile. Love it!!


Random truth #4 about me: I hate panty hose. Despise them. I don't wear them when I probably should.

Random truth #5 about me: I'll pretty much eat any leftovers out of the fridge unless they smell bad or are growing things.

Random truth #6 about me: I think we should start shooting rubber bullets at rubberneckers on the interstate or anywhere else for that matter. When I'm driving, I never look at an accident, just on principle.

Random truth #7 about me: I should have been in real estate. I use my breaks at work to shop for houses. If I could only remember facts about bacteria and viruses like I can about price per square foot and features!

Bonus random truth #8 about me: I usually stay up past my bedtime and regret it in the morning. I'm doing it right now!

Ok, so now I'm supposed to give 7 awards to blogger friends of mine. Instead, I'll just say this. See all those posts over there to the right? They're there b/c they're my favorites. So visit, if you like, and if you feel so inclined, you can post your own 7 random things.

No comments: