Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me Monday!




You thought I had forgotten all about Not Me! Monday didn't you? Or maybe you just thought I'd finally pulled it all together and didn't have anything worthy of Not Me! Hmm.. you don't know me well then, do you? Ok, so here's the deal (Mom). Not Me! Monday was started by this other blogger MckMama. It's one day a week that she blogs about things that she did not do during the past week. You know, things that I would never ever do. Like let Kate fall out of my car or run up to the gas station to go to the bathroom at the end of a funeral service. It's a great excuse to laugh at oneself, and I need to do that once in a while. And I know you probably just thought to yourself.. now what? But that's ok.. just keep reading.

Ok so last week I arrived at work all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed one morning, ready for a nice cup of coffee to ease me into the day. I did not fill the coffee pot up with water and turn it on, only to find out that I had just re-used the grounds from the day before.

I did not hit my coffee with my elbow so that it went all over my desk and only turned a handful of important documents a lovely, wrinkled coffee color.

And I most certainly did not utter any of the following phrases during the past week:

"We don't drop our food on the floor and then eat it."
"Hey! Don't put that in the toilet!"
"Don't ride the kitty while he's eating, please."

And last, but not least, I (we) did not break down and buy Kate a Dora the Explorer kick board at K-mart when we went to get her sand/water table. No way do we give into the toddler who finds a prize at eye level and doesn't want to let it go.

Surfboard? Ok, maybe we did.

Hope everyone has a great week with plenty to laugh at... even if it's yourself!

No comments: