Up First: Elmo's Monster Maker

Do you have a kid that loves your iPhone? This is the app for you! Kate LOVES to play with my phone. Unfortunately, there's not much kid-friendly stuff on there... until now!

First you choose your monster by touching on the screen.

Then you can add a nose, eyes, and a hat. "Endless possibilities" is what they advertise.

Then you can make your monster dance or play with Elmo. Or, if you just touch your monster, it will do all kinds of things like giggle or eat an apple or play a horn. Rarely does she sit and play with something for more than 5 minutes, but this does it (and keeps her from calling people or deleting applications). The website is here - where I also learned of several other iPhone Apps for the kid. Enjoy!
Ok, next up is the Step2 water and sand table.
A big hit. I think what is going on here is pretty self explanatory.

Kate prefers the water side. Which shouldn't surprise you if you remember my previous posts on that issue.

Kate taught me something about kids that I didn't know. Ok, she's taught me a lot, but one thing I didn't realize is that little kids like little things to hold onto. Yeah, I know, makes perfect sense. These stackable figurines are fantastic. They have them at Target. They also have and Elmo/Cookie Monster/Zoe set and a Disney set. I've also seen them at Kohl's. HUGE hit in our house. They also stow away nicely in the diaper bag, and can be leveraged for good behavior when eating out at a restaurant.

And last, but not least, a few websites that you might just catch a deal on. They update daily at 11:00 am, and you have to be quick when the deals are good, because they go FAST.
www. kidsteals.com
www.babysteals.com
www.mamabargains.com
3 comments:
VERY informative! and we're just now exiting the elmo stage- not really ready to do that. I guess it means we're into big kid stuff now . . . sorta sad
The sand/water table---what fun!
Thanks for sharing! Love the ideas!
Post a Comment