Sunday, August 28, 2011

Easy

When things get kinda crazy and I find myself dropping things or tripping over myself, Don always says: Easy. As in.. take it easy. And I'm not always really good at taking it easy. So I'm trying. Trying to embrace some of the chaos. Accept that the "keeping room" is a wreck with toys 98% of the time. Afterall, isn't it more important that we're enjoying each other and making memories than that the couch cushions are anywhere close to the couch. It sounds so intuitive, right? 

Anyway, we've been pretty wrapped up in princesses around here.  Perhaps you know that Kate has been wearing a Snow White dress practically every day for the past 3 weeks.  Well, I finally had enough of the chocolate stained, fraying Toys R Us costume and purchased a new one from the Disney store. Here she is opening the package that came directly from Mickey.



And here's the new dress!  It's very glittery.... we're going to be finding Snow White glitter when we're 80 (I hope). Seriously, there's glitter everywhere - Mason's head, Don's chin...


And what princess dress is complete without light-up shoes?


Of course, we watch a lot of princess movies around here too.  Like the other day when Kate and Mason watched Beauty and the Beast. The boy loved it.

Even though in this shot he's looking like he might need me to save him.


I think that this is good blackmail for both of them one day.

Remember when Mason used to watch Beauty and the Beast?


With his big sister... in her underwear?


And in news kind of unrelated to princesses, Grandma and Grandaddy visited today.  Grandma brought Kate a book and an image projector of what else? Princesses.  When I told Kate Grandma was coming, she said: "Is she going to read me books?" Well of course!


Here's Mason riding a horse. Which is pretty funny considering the fact that he can't sit up yet.  Now, friends, you know where Don gets his renegade Daddy rules. Turns out Grandma plays a mean game of chase as well.



I'll try to be a little better at posting, but remember that I'm working on taking it "Easy"




1 comment:

Dianne said...

LOVE the new Snow White (especially like the light-up shoes) and her cute little brother!!