We went to Target. Kate picked out princess panties. I know, you're shocked, aren't you? And cupcake ones, because she couldn't decide. Then we walked through the toy isles looking at all of the cool toys and pushing the buttons of all of the ones that make noise. We headed home and talked about how tomorrow (Sat) she would be a big girl and there would be no more pull-ups! She seemed at least marginally interested and clutched the panties like someone might mug us in the parking lot to get them. We got home and she picked out the pink ones to wear on Saturday morning.
So.... there were highs and lows. At one point she pooped in the potty by herself. No prompting from me at all, just went by herself. Hooray! Shortly after that feat, I found her wearing all 7 pairs of princess panties. Eh? Turns out they act like diaper if used together.
Here she is sporting all 7:
Mason thought it was all fun. Of course, Mason thinks almost everything is all fun.
After a couple of accidents, she capped off the night by telling me she had to go in an attempt to avoid bedtime. She did, in fact, use the potty, so she was rewarded appropriately.... More to come on the potty saga. It is really building character in our house. Mostly for me!
Came home to find Kate and Daddy playing in the living room. Don loves having all of the toys piled on top of him.
And then there's Mason. He's just bouncing along.




3 comments:
I was looking at your blog and Ben came up. He asked who Kate was...and I told him, He then said, "I like Kate". It was pretty cute. We had fun looking at your blog together. Looks like lots of fun at your house!!
Love the "panty queen" and happy prince!
We are trying but it's painful. He likes to stand on the potty to wash his hands but actually go? Ha! He has successfully gone a few times but pretty resistant to the idea. Your post has given me relief...I thought we were pretty bad potty trainers. Most importantly, Mason & Kate are so cute!
Post a Comment