We haven't been to the state fair in several years, but this year we decided it was time to take Kate. She's finally old enough to enjoy the animals, ride a few rides, and enjoy some cotton candy.
First up? The petting zoo. We met this great Llama.
And rode an elephant. Rode an elephant? Our child who was afraid to get on any rides at Carowinds was ready to hop on this elephant at the drop of a hat!
We rode the bumble bees, which were always my favorite when I was a kid. I explained to her how to make it go up and down. "Just stay down, Mommy." And we did ride down low the entire time.
There was a really tall cowboy. She liked him a lot. Corndog Carl or something like that. Funny. By my estimation, this guy might be 5 feet tall under all that corndog.
We rode the
We played some games. Kate won a Smurfette.
Then we played my favorite game - the one where you put 50 cents on a color and throw the little ball. Kate won on.. of course... polka dot! (in case you didn't know, she has a polka dot blanket that goes everywhere with her). We've spent many dollars trying to win at this game before. It only took Kate 3 tries = $1.50.
She won a dolphin that was bigger than her (and probably not worth $1.50).
Merry-go-round with Daddy. Yep. She's riding a horse. Yes. She initially chose the bench (again). The guy running the ride came by and said: "Don't you want to ride a horse? I have a great pink one here." She hopped right on! Then she cried to sit on the bench. Don obliged. Then she cried to sit on the horse. Yeah, two year olds. They go through a bi-polar phase.
And did you think Don and I let Kate have all the fun. Here's Don rocking the Euroslide. Hey, don't laugh. That thing is high and kinda scary.
Our other option was this swing. Yikes!
It was a fun day.
Funnel Cakes, Corn Dogs, Fiske fries, Cotton Candy, Candy Apples!! It was a fun time for all!
And then on Tuesday, it was back to reality. But reality's not so bad either.
















2 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I feel like I went to the Fair through your blog. What a fun day for Kate! (Brought back great memories of when your Dad and I took time off to take you, Jenny!) Love that lucky girl!!
What fun!
But in other news... is Mason's head really as big as Kate's?
Post a Comment