Sunday, October 02, 2011

Beach Bums!

Just in case you wondered where we disappeared to, we were off squeezing the last bit of warm, sandy fun out of the summer. It was a great week at the Isle of Palms. Waiting until late September for the annual beach vacation was a fine idea!

Now that we have two human kids, it certainly doesn't mean we leave the Foz at home.  Just to be sure we didn't forget him, he spent almost the entire time we loaded the cars sitting in Don's truck.


Kate wasn't much into the waves, but beach in a bucket? Fun!


She made Pop get the water. Didn't want to get her feet wet.


Lots of space to run.


Warming up to the water.


Our setup. This shelter by LL Bean is the best ever!


Pop's Fishin' Buddy. Although the tides didn't really cooperate and Pop didn't catch too many fish.


Where's Mason, you may ask? Enjoying the cool of the beach house of course.  


He did make a couple of trips down to the sand. I think he was largely unimpressed.


We visited the South Carolina Aquarium,



We ate some SERIOUSLY good food. Oh how I miss Charleston food. Thanks again, Mom, for letting us enjoy Magnolia's Friday night!


We kayaked and surfed. We also bought a boogie board (because I was sure I'd be better at that than surfing).  I'm still convinced that our Chinese boogie board was defective.  It sank every time I tried to ride a wave.


Kate played in the surf with Foster.


And just ran around on the beach looking cute.


It was a great time for all.


 Although you may not guess that from the looks of our family portrait!


Kate wasn't much of a beach babe this year.  Actually Don and I spent a fair amount of time just surfing the waves alone. After Wednesday, she didn't really want to go to the beach that much.  So of course we pull into the garage yesterday and I go to take her out of the car, and she cries: "but I wanna go to the beach!" Ah, two-year-olds. Never a dull moment!

3 comments:

The Hawkins said...

So much fun!! Glad you had a great vacation. I am pretty sure our famiy photo from this coming week will look like that!! Thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

Love the update! It was a great week at the beach! Grandchildren just make it wonderful! LOVE THEM!

Lisa Moore said...

So. Very. Jealous! So glad that your fling with summer is not over yet ;)