Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Morning Friday!

This morning I am blogging from the kitchen, cooking brownies, eating (raw) brownie batter (I know, I know) and drinking coffee. By the way, as a Microbiologist, I feel that I am well informed enough to make my own poor decisions about eating batter with raw eggs in it. Besides, I bet you eat a raw fruit or vegetable every day and no one gives you a hard time.  And believe you me, lettuce? NASTY. I mean.... so healthy.. eat up!


Really, not much going on here. We're just getting ready for tomorrow's Bridge Run in Charleston! I like that running a 10K is now not really a big deal. Six miles used to be so daunting. Yesterday the excitement here centered around a jar.  

Yes. An acrylic jar (3 of them actually) that I ordered from Pottery Barn Kids to hold all of these gosh darn princesses/princess accessories/Loopsy dolls/Loopsy accessories, and in general all things smaller than my palm that I am likely to step on, throw away, or accidentally eat. The are EVERYWHERE, people. Anyway, it was at least 2 times the size that I envisioned (when will I learn to read the dimensions - it takes more than twice for sure). But we have to keep this one because we took it out of the box and it has a pink top and it is already full of stuff.


She can pick it up... barely. She cannot lift it above her shoulders, try as she might. (NB: it is made of plastic so it is not as heavy as it might appear in this photo)


The best part? Mason can see all of those little toys, but he can't put them in his mouth.


Even the cat loves the jar.


Kate ran around holding it. Mason followed....


Luckily, he found it to be a fun game.


He's like that. Very go with the flow. Ok, unless you take something directly out of his hand, or make him sit down in the tub -  then he cries.

Look at that wild hair. :) It is red, but with lots and lots of blonde. That makes me want to scoop him up and kiss him. 


This kind of turned into a Mason post, no? Here he is watching the spiders and bugs out the front window. In my defense, Kate couldn't sit still if her life depended on it, so all the pictures of her are blurry. And she smiles a fake smile off into the distance. Silly girl.


And so, with that, I hope you have a great day and a great weekend.  Unfortunately it's time for me to dig my brownie bites out of the pan and get ready for a long day of grant writing. Bleagh!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Glad to see "The Jar". Couldn't imagine why Kate was so excited about a jar. Mason just gets cuter! Love those two!