Monday, March 12, 2012

Vineyard Wedding

What a beautiful weekend for a lowcountry wedding!  We packed up the gang and headed down to Irvin-House Vineyards to celebrate Courtney and David's I do's.  Courtney!? Married?! Yup. I feel old.

We arrived Saturday afternoon around sunset for the rehersal.  The weather was perfect.



Mason stayed inside away from the bugs that chewed on us continuously.  They found him to be especially sweet. Who can blame them?


Quaint bathroom. Kate and I visited quite a few times. I had to explain to her hens v. roosters each time.


The flower girls, Kate and Ella, watched the "practice" and listened to some music.  More to come on these two in another post. They were fast friends and so much fun to watch.


Miss Ellie.


The next day the stage was set for what turned out to be a beautiful wedding. Under the oak trees. Three doors and a lot of orange.


Mason was dressed in his lowcountry crabs.




The girls made it down the aisle carrying their sign.


And then there was the moment we were all waiting for.  Courtney and David were high school sweethearts who went their separate ways.  A few years ago Courtney brought this guy named David to Christmas Cookie Night.  He seemed nice.  It wasn't until the ride home that I realized that was the David from high school. So the rest is history. Obviously it worked out just fine the second time around.


Managing two children can be slightly distracting.  Here is Ella sitting on her Mom's lap.


And Mason - taking it all in. He's a pretty mellow baby. 


Onto the reception....


You'll never guess who was tearing up the dance floor. No, not Don, although he did a little dancing with the Dancing Queen Princess.


Of course we had to make time for some tire swinging.








Kate was a bit disappointed that Courtney got to wear the veil and not her, but I promised a second wedding one day when she could wear the veil. She still calls her Court-a-ney, which I think is too cute. Certainly none of us call her Court-a-ney.



Long, short weekend. All of the celebration and the time change really wiped all of us out.



Congratulations Courtney and David! 

1 comment:

Dianne said...

LOve the pictures! It was certainly a day to remember!