Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Long Thanksgiving Weekend

Hi there, this is Kate. This blog posting business looks pretty fun so I'm going to give it a shot. Mom and Da have been looking forward to the long weekend for awhile now. We planned on taking off for Grandma & Grandpa's house first thing Thursday for a big Thanksgiving meal. Unfortunately, I got sick so we had to stay home. Mom already posted about that so you should be up to speed. Friday we drove up to Hartsville and had a great time. Saturday was the game... I'm a little disappointed with the outcome but I still love my Tigers. Just ask me to say "Go Tigers!" and you'll see my spirit! That brings us to Sunday... we had a great time wrapping up the long weekend.

We started the day out at The Gourmet Shop in Five Points. Mom gave me my normal lunch and Da let me try his strawberries. I normally love them so I took a big bite...



Unfortunately, this one was a little more tart than I expected. Thanks for the warning, Da!



Next up was my favorite thing to do on Sundays - play in the park. Look at this enormous slide I found! I let Mom and Da help me slide down a few times. As you know, I do my own stunts but if I don't let them help from time to time they feel left out.




Then some SWINGING. I absolutely love to swing and hope to get a swing from Mom and Da for my birthday or Christmas (they read this blog too so perfect timing). I did a little swinging on my own but I noticed that Mom felt left out so I helped her with the big girl swing. I'll upload some video later in this post if I remember (Super Pets is coming on soon so I'm in a bit of a rush).








I made friends with this great pine tree. He didn't say much but he's a great listener.



I stuck close to mom on this trip. She's the best... and she's pretty.




Da seems to know a lot about trees. He walked around with me and showed me a few things.


After an hour or so I got tired and wanted to go home. Da is the best way to get from the swingsets to the car. If you're looking for a lift I can give you his contact information.




I almost forgot the video of me and Mom swinging. I had a lot of fun swinging with her. I could do it all day I think. Mom isn't a stunt girl like me so she gets a little woozy if she swings too long. She'll probably be embarrassed that I posted that. Is it Sunday night already?


No comments: