Monday, November 09, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Yes, technically it is STILL Monday... even if you are reading this on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I still get full credit as long as its before 12am. We're back. I did not skip Not Me! last week out of pure laziness. I was not at all motivated this week when yet another one of my friends joined this fun little Monday guilty pleasure. Nope! Peer pressure has no hold on me! I did not become super motivated to blog again after hearing that sweet baby Stellan had a SUCCESSFUL procedure today to slow his heart. A procedure that might have killed him. In fact, his heart did stop beating today briefly before the CICU staff shocked him back into this world. No, MckMama won't be doing a Not Me! today because she's been busy. But if you're up to it, hop on over there, read the amazing story, and praise God for miracles like Stellan!!!

Ok, so welcome to the blogosphere Mandy. Loved your first Not Me! post! And, you will find your link over there to the right. No pressure, but it shows when you last updated. I hope it will be often because I know with 3 kids you have much to share!

Sorry I haven't blogged since Halloween. Kate is still as cute as ever. See?

She is cutting teeth, so our nights have been long and she always has her hand in her mouth.

I did not buy Kate a "1st Birthday" hat for $25. That would be outrageous. If I had purchased said hat, I certainly would not use it for a couple of pictures during her first birthday photo-shoot and then return it. I would never do such a thing. Isn't that like wearing a dress for one night and returning it?

I also did not place my child in her car seat on Friday, turn in disbelief when Don exclaimed that there was actually no pizza in our carry-out pizza box, and turn back around to find her laying on her back on the asphalt. That would border on me being a completely incompetent parent, now wouldn't it?!? So, if you see a large-ish scratch on my baby's head, a new bruise and a red bump by her eye, its totally not my fault. I am not leaving out the back story on how Kate got that other bruise on her head. I guess that will have to wait until Not Him! Monday.

Don's edit: When did Not Me! Monday become a rat your wonderful husband out day? See if I ever invent fun (but potentially dangerous) games like pull the baby in a diaper box with left over camping rope. I guess Kate will never enjoy the limitless fun of the ceiling fan swing I was working on concepts for. Killjoy.

Oh, and last night, I did not hear Don telling Kate "Your Mama is going to be so mad at you" and then go in the living room just in time to see her dump almost an entire container of Yo Baby yogurt on the coffee table. She did not then stick her hands in it and get it on the carpet, on me and in her hair in a matter of seconds while Don sat staring at us in disbelief.

Don's edit: You should also add to the Not Me! post that you certainly wouldn't post half of the story... the half that leaves out that I thought the yogurt container was empty... that I helped clean up... no, not you!

I'm off to do a little relaxing. Listen to some Jazz... have a cup of (decaf) hot tea. I have Wednesday off, so if I can make it through tomorrow...

2 comments:

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

Oh you two kill me- sounds like our house!!! I like this combo not me stuff...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jenny! I am a work in progress as far as the blogging goes! Leave me comments, follow me...makes me feel oh so validated, ha ha!

Love your Not Me's...they aren't as easy as you would think, are they?