Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ready for Take-off

Its been a fantastic weekend, and things are really taking off around here. Literally!

Kate has finally realized that she can walk without our help. She takes short trips from the chair to the French doors, or from Don across the room to me. Here's the video proof. I expect to be running after her in no time.




I'm relieved to tell you that family dinner night #2 at Miyabi's Japanese steakhouse was a roaring success compared to family dinner night #1 (you know, the one where we didn't get our food for 2 hours and Kate fell out of the car). Kate did cry when one of our favorite cooks said hello, but she kept a close eye on his cooking skills and enjoyed that part where he made the volcano out of onion rings. She sat in a high chair and ate rice and vegis off of our chopsticks. She even tolerated a short trip to the mall afterward, with plenty of smiles.


Ok, so the Clemson game. Honestly, it was kind of flat until the second half, but they did manage to put 31 points on the board and win out for the Atlantic division title. The weather was PERFECT!! Sunny, 60s, light breeze, lots of color in the trees. I just love it up there. Yes, we talked about taking Kate, but the forcast was a high of 60 and a chance of rain, so we left her home.

Two of my favorite things: Starbucks Coffee and Clemson in the fall!


Can you believe he left this super cool cap in the store?!


Spiller running down the hill.


Yes, folks, Peppermint Patty was there and we decided to sneak in a picture. That's her in the Santa hat. She was pretty quiet, but slipped in a few jewels so we wouldn't be disappointed. Can you tell that we're totally up to something other than taking a picture of ourselves?


The girl next to us was super nice and offered to take a picture of the two of us. I guess because she thought that's what we were trying to do! Anyway, here we are...


Sunday we just hung out around the house and went out to Miyo's for lunch. Kate sat in her high chair and ate rice, chicken and peas. She had a fabulous day and giggled non-stop from the time she woke up until she figured out I was about to make her go to sleep. Here she is in Barnes and Noble enjoying the toy trains.


Short week this week! I can't believe its Thanksgiving already! For now, I'm off to relax and enjoy some hot tea. For some reason work gets nutty around the holidays, and I expect this week to be no exception. We're looking forward to traveling to Hartsville on Thursday and shopping in Charlotte with Nanna on Friday. Kate's first Thanksgiving is going to be a blast!

1 comment:

The Hawkins said...

Jenny, Kate is adorable!! I love your orange coat! So, fun and very clemsonie. I have missed football this year. Glad I can see it vicariously through you! Have a great thanksgiving!